Thursday, December 24, 2009

THATS WHAT REAL FRIENDS ARE FOR

THE LETTER BELOW WAS WRITEN TO THRASHER AFTER THAY GAVE ME N ARTICLE AND GAVE THE PUBLIC MY WRONG NAME IN A ARTICLE ABOUT MY ART


...I'm writing about the Big Dan Canvas in June's Thrasher--to which I ask, who is Big Dan? His name is Pheo! When I bought the issue I was psyched that Pheo was getting coverage in the mag. But after I read it I was bummed because it didn't shine fight. Yeah, his name is Dan and he's a big mutherfucker. But Pheo is a time honored keep-it-realer. Pheo has been skating, drawing, and painting since the Pepsi fucking Challenge. Pheo runs Hazel skateboards while driving a cab around Long Island 12 hours a day. Pheo is the dude that's been taking care of his people since day one (and he's got a lot of people). Pheo is trying to make it happen, and it would have been good for his hustle if the article called him by the name he puts on his art, "Pheo," and it wouldn't have hurt if there were a mention of his skateboard company (Hazel). Shit, what's done is done, right? In any case, thanks for giving Pheo some space in Thrasher and for putting eyeballs to the little bitch session I whipped up here. Just wanted to get the facts out there. Muffins and cupcakes.

No comments: